Resources and Referrals
Town Programs - Human Services Office
The Coventry Food Bank is available to any individual or family experiencing difficult times and may need help with food. We have a variety of staple foods in stock which include: cereal, pasta, soup, canned vegetable, peanut butter/jelly and school snacks. We are solely a donor funded program and receive generous donations from many local residents, churches, schools, civic organizations and groups. If you are in need and wish to utilize the food bank, please call 860-742-5324 or visit us at 1712 Main Street, Coventry.
- Holiday Assistance Program
To donate or to participate in the holiday program contact the Human Services Department, call 860 742-5324
- Access Agency, accessagency.org or call 860-450-7400 our Community Action Agency for help with: Child & Adult Food Program, Emergency Food Pantry, Emergency Shelter, WIC, Senior Housing, Affordable Housing Program, Homelessness Prevention Services, Emergency Shelter, Energy Assistance, Weatherization Program.
- Connecticut Legal Services
They provide services at no charge to low income residents, call 1-800 453-3320
CThelpnet.org is a not-for-profit resource website that helps
Connecticut's Senior Citizens connect to a network of elder care information and services.
- Dial-A-Ride, Windham Regional Transit District
Door-to-door service for Coventry residents. Service is free of charge for the disabled and those 60 or over. Operating weekdays only Monday thru Friday - 8am-4pm. Riders can make a reservation up to two weeks in advance. Reservations are made on a first-come-first-served basis. Service is available to the general public with no age or disability restrictions. Call 860 456-2223 or www.wrtd.org
- Infoline (24 hours) 221.org
- Meals on Wheels
Home delivered meals to persons unable to provide their own meals. Medical referral necessary. Call 1-800-953-1365
- SNAP Benefits ctsnap.org, 866-974-7627
- Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-TALK, suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- Women's Center Of Northeastern Connecticut
Provides information, prevention education, support, and advocacy for sexual abuse victims, call 860 456-3595
- United Services
Services include Infoline, Rape Crisis, and Domestic Violence programs, call 860 456-2261
- Visiting Nurse & Health Services
Provides visiting nurse, home health care visits, Hospice care, Elder Wellness program, and flu clinics, call 860 872-9163