Hunting & Fishing Licenses

Handicapped Licenses

Handicapped licenses are issued free of charge to those who meet specific state mandated qualifications. Contact the Town Clerk's Office for details.

For answers to specific questions or to download forms online, visit the State of Connecticut's Department of Energy and Environmental Protection website.

Conservation Education / Firearms Safety Course

Visit the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection website or call 860-642-7239 for class times and locations. DEP Hunting and Fishing Guides are available online and a hard copy is now available at the Town Clerk's Office.

PA 10-99 provides for persons hunting with Free Landowner Permits or a Connecticut resident hunting with a Private Land Shotgun / Rifle Permit to use a revolver rather than a rifle or shotgun to hunt deer on private lands of at least 10 acres. The fee for a Revolver Deer Endorsement is $5. All other laws and regulations pertaining to possession of revolvers, including State Pistol Permits, apply.


Did you know that hunting and fishing licenses expire on December 31st of each year? Check to be sure your license is current. View a list of our game license fees (PDF) for a break down of what each license will cost.